WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW...
Submit Your Announcements:
All weekly announcements must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Wednesday each week. Any announcement received after Noon on Wednesday will appear in next week's bulletin. Pick up your copy of the CBCCS Events Connection, which will list all of the events for the month, in the Narthex. Pandemic restrictions are strictly adhered to for indoor events. Watch your email or listen to the Robo Call for the latest church news and Zoom events.
- Safety Prevention as we enter the holiday season, Chief Malik Aziz shared an automobile prevention video with the Central Baptist Church of Camp Springs family to remind us all to be careful in order to reduce the chances of becoming a victim of crime. Please click on "Safety Prevention" to view video.
- Foreign Mission Ministry (FMM) is asking you to contribute to Compassion International! Thank you in advance for your continued support.
- Bible Study noon and evening classes are on holiday until further notice. Please continue to visit the website for the start date.Remember to read your Bible everyday!
- CBCCS Outreach Center, located at 5518 Old Branch Avenue in Temple Hills, is now open. The community can obtain, food and clothing Tuesday- Friday by appointment only. If you need either, please contact Central Baptist Church of Camp Springs at (301) 899-3800.
- Food Distribtion for those in need is held each Tuesday from 10:00 a.m.-Noon in the parking lot unless otherwise notified. Please stay in your cars--the food packages will be placed in your car. A prayer tent is also available if you are in need of prayer.
- Youth and Young Adult Sunday School - 7:00 p.m. (every 2nd and 4th Friday) via Zoom or Call in: (301) 715-8592 with Meeting ID: 846 0599 7451
- Men's Ministry Bible Study Fellowship is every 1st and 3rd Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. via Zoom.
- Senior High Sunday School – 7:00 p.m. (every 1st and 3rd Friday) via Zoom or Call in: (301) 715-8592 with Meeting ID: 846 0599 7451
- FEMA Funeral Reimbursement Program has launched on April 1, 2021. FEMA is reimbursing up to $7,000.00 for COVID-19 funerals for any family member who paid for a funeral due to COVID-19. Please click this link for more information.
- Intercessory Prayer Call- 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. (Monday through Friday) Call in at (425) 436-6361 and use access code 3314370.
- Music Ministry is seeking members for our newly established Young Adult Choir--members must be 19-35. We are excited about this new venture, and we look forward to your membership in the choir. A membership form is located in the Narthex to sign up. Rehearsals are normally held on the first and second Saturday of each month.at 7:30 a.m. The choir will minister for Sunday worship service on the second Sunday of each month at 7:30 a.m. Feel free to contact Sis. Annett Eldridge at 301-266-9564 or email@example.com.
- Anointed Expressions Mime Ministry (AEM) is currently seeking new members (young men) ages 12 to 25. We provide music interpretation through mime movement. If you are interested in joining the ministry, please contact Sis. Annett Eldridge at 301-266-9564 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Sis. Sabrina Andrews-Reddick at 301-899-3800 or email@example.com. A registration form can be found in the Narthex.
- Outreach Ministry is sponsoring the Backpack Food for Kids Program. The ministry is soliciting donations for the following non-perishable food items: juice boxes, fruit cups, soups, crackers, pop tarts, Jell-O packs, oatmeal packs, fruit snacks, cookie packs, boxes or bags of cereal, cups of macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meat sauce, ravioli, rice and chicken, lunch-size tuna, etc. All items should be small enough to fit inside a backpack--please no peanut or milk products. A container is in the Narthex for the donations. For more information, please contact Sis. Catherine Moore at 301-922-1163 or Min. OolooteekaBey 301-957-4427. 301-335-0152.
- Rev. John H. Parker Cancer Ministry Recruitment if you are interested or need more information, please contact Bro. Leon Turner at . You do not need to be a cancer survivor to serve: Additional members are needed to serve in this ministry. The mission is to educate, enlighten, and promote church and community cancer awareness and prevention through early detection.
- Hospitality Ministry Recruitment: Volunteers are needed to serve in this ministry, and your assistance is appreciated. Please see Sis. Darlene Carter or Bro. Earl Carter for more information or to join.
- Food Pantry donations are needed to replenish our inventory. Please signup to bring your food items to the Narthex. The Food Pantry is open every third Sunday from 10:00-11:00 a.m. If you need food items, please visit our food pantry.
- Transportation Ministry is seeking committed servants for Sunday services and special occasions. We need at least a team of eight drivers for each service--each driver will serve once a month. We need van drives--male or female--for all services and especially drivers for special events--usually during weekdays. If interested, please contact Bro. Richard Bowling at firstname.lastname@example.org or send an email to email@example.com. Include in the subject line: CBCCS TM.
- Ushers Ministry is looking for a few good men, women, and children to join the Seniors, Adults, and Juniors Usher Ministries. Please contact the following people to inquire: Sis. Mavis Beamon (301) 346-7409 (Seniors); Sis. Janice Hyshaw (202) 441-0078 (Adults); Sis. Nichole Smith (202) 498-0831 (Juniors) or any member of the Ushers Ministry.
- Exercise classes are available during the following days and times: Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. with Wellness Wednesday for Your Soul via Zoom. Classes are $20 per month. All are welcome!
- Food Share packages are available for purchase; please contact Deacon Henry Pulley at 301-297-5836 or Sis. Lydia Joyner. You can sign up for the Food Share program in Narthex; your payment for the packages purchased is due on the second Sunday each month.
- Media Purchases (DVDs and CDs) are available for a nominal fee. Please contact our Sound Ministry after any worship service. If you are not a member and would like to order a DVD or CD, please contact our church office at 301-899-3800. Not available at this time because of the pandemic.
Church Administrative Offices
Central Baptist Church of Camp Springs Administrative Office is closed on Monday. The administrative office is open Tuesday-Friday from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Please watch television channels WDRC 4 and WUSA 9 for updated closure and cancellation information during inclement weather. CBCCS will follow the Prince George's County School System schedule during weather events (e.g., If the schools delay opening for two hours, we will delay opening our offices. If they close for the day, we will also close on that day, and all activities are canceled). Please note, we may not close or delay the opening of the church for events conducted on Saturday or Sunday due to inclement weather. You will receive a Robocall from the church regarding delays and closings on the weekend. If the church does not have your current telephone number, please contact the church office and give us this information.
Sick and Shut-In and the Bereaved (Pandemic guidelines should be followed during this time.)
Please remember to call, visit and pray for our members and community who may be sick and shut-in or mourning the loss of a loved one. A copy of the Sick and Shut-In/Bereaved list is in the message kiosk in the Narthex.
Reminder from Facilities Trustees--Please take the time to check your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms at least every three months to ensure they are in good working order. This is a very important life-saving step.